Overview of ARIB Standards (STD-T70)
|STD Number||ARIB STD-T70|
|Standard Name||Broadband Mobile Access Communication System (HiSWANa)|
This Standard specifies the radio air interface of the communication system using Broadband Mobile Access Communication System (HiSWANa: High Speed Wireless Access Network type a) among the radio equipment performing radio access communications using “5 GHz Band Radio Access Systems” regulated in Article 6 paragraph 4 item 8 of the Regulations for Enforcement of the Radio Law or “Low-power Data Communication Systems” regulated in Article 6 paragraph 4 item 4 of the Regulations for Enforcement of the Radio Law.
HiSWANa is expected to supply the multi-media services of “Whenever and Wherever” with maximum utilization of the wireless communication feature as considering the application to “Last one hop” of wired communication system and the ad-hoc system which consists of only the wireless system.
2. Amendment History
|Ver.||Amendment or Enactment Date||Amendment summary|
(1) The specifications of the operating frequencies, the out-of-band unwanted emission power, etc. are revised in accordance with the amendments of the Radio Law Enforcement Regulations, Radio Equipment Regulations, etc.
(2) The Ver.3.1 revision is prepared for the permissible value of spurious emission etc., interim measures, measurement method, etc. in accordance with the amendment of the technical regulation for the permissible value of spurious emission intensity.
|3.0||05.25.2004||This Ver.3.0 revision is prepared for the improvement of the radio link connectivity in order to aim the mutual connection with the ETSI BRAN HiperLAN Type2. The main revised points are the additions of PHY burst, transmission power control, RBCH association procedures, link capability, business profile, etc.|
This Ver.2.0 corresponds to the amendment of the Ministerial Ordinance on September 19, 2002 that the 5 GHz band Radio Access System is available to operate outdoor. The following lines are main revised points.
1. The additions of specifications related to the outdoor use (4.9-5.0 GHz and 5.03-5.091 GHz band, antenna power, etc.)
2. The rename of Standard title (from “Low Power Data Communication System / Broadband Mobile Access Communication System (HiSWANa)” to “Broadband Mobile Access Communication System (HiSWANa)”
3. The revision is focused on the coordination and study with ETSI BRAN. (Adaptation of the proposed amendment by MMAC and ETSI BRAN. And the differential information between this Standard and ETSI BRAN HiperLan Type2 is added as an annex)