Overview of ARIB Standards (STD-B3)
|STD Number||ARIB STD-B3|
|Standard Name||ARIB Standard for Operation of The FM Multiplex Broadcasting System|
This standard specifies the structure of coding scheme, the delivery of character signals, the range of scramble, the delivery procedure and the recommended operation in the FM multiplexing broadcasting.
There are the ordinance in 28 April,1993 and the notification in 25 August.1994 of the Ministry of Posts and Telecommunications regarding FM multiplexing broadcasting in accordance with the report of the Telecommunications Technology Council in 24 May,1993. “Confirmation items on the operation of FM multiplexing broadcasting” (BTA R-002) was established in compliance with the ordinance and notification.
“The ministry ordinance of the amendment regarding the transmission standards system of the ultrashort wave audio multiplexing broadcasting and the ultrashort wave character multiplexing broadcasting” (No. 5 of the Ministry of Posts and Telecommunications ordinance in 31 January,1996) and “The notification of details regarding the structure of coding scheme and the delivery of character signals, and the applied categories and the delivery procedure of related items on scramble” (No. 37 of the Ministry of Posts and Telecommunications notification in 31 January,1996) was published in accordance with the report of the Telecommunications Technology Council in 27 March,1995.
As BTA R-002 was amended in accordance with the amendment of the Ministry of Posts and Telecommunications ordinance and notifikation, this standard “ARIB Standard for Operation of The FM Multiplex Broadcasting System” (ARIB STD-B3)(6 August,1996) is established and then BTA R-002 is abolished.
Level of service on such as traffic information in FM multiplexing broadcasting
3 levels are below:
Level 1: service of 15.5 characters x 2.5 lines using the character of 248*60 dot
Level 2: service of 15.5 characters x 8.5 lines using the character of 248*204 dot, and figures
Level 3: service of traffic information for navigation systems using detailed maps provided with such as CD-ROM
|combined program||Program which is presented in ascending order from the first page after all data of the program have been received all together.|
|non combined program||Program which is presented sequentially every page in a receiver.|
|recorded receiving process||Receiving process which is the multiple processing for presenting all data recorded every data group after the error correction of product code or the correction only in horizontal direction, the error correction of every data packet, and the error correction of the data group|
|Sequential receiving process||
- Multiple identification flag = 0
Receiving process which is the multiple processing for presenting sequentially every data packet at the timing of packet BIC after the reception of 1 frame of packet data and 30 packets following the error correction in vertical and horizontal directions and the error detection of data packets.
- Multiple identification flag = 1
Receiving process which is the multiple processing for presenting immediately every data packet following the error correction in horizontal direction and the error detection of data packets
|link||One of the divisions of roads where the information of road and traffic congestion, accident and restriction is collected and transmitted|
2. Amendment History
|Ver.||Amendment or Enactment Date||Amendment summary|
- Amendment of a guide of delivery frequency on the supplemental information and rules regarding the delivery of program indexes for data control in a receiver on the road and traffic information service to utilize the FM multiplex broadcasting managed by the general incorporation foundation: Vehicle Information and Communication System Center (VICS Center)
- Amendment of associated ministry ordinances in accordance with the amendment of the enforcement regulation, etc. of the Broadcast Act
- Addition of the attachments
- Addition of data unit parameters and SI: Service Index for the next generation VICS service planned by the general incorporation foundation: Vehicle Information and Communication System Center (VICS Center) to utilize the FM multiplex broadcasting
- Clarification of the geodesic system used by VICS in accordance with the amendment of the surveying act
- Amendment of associated ministry ordinances and notifications in accordance with the amendment of the Broadcast Act
- Revision of references
- Addition of the attaching method of “information category” identification numbers used by pay broadcast of FM character multiplex broadcasting
- Addition of the operational items of headers (addendum 5), the confirmation items for operations (addendum 6) and the attachments of the ministry ordinances and notifications
|1.1||08.08.1997||- Addition of specified number allocation of program numbers , numbering of categories of program numbers, and hierarchy of table of contents numbers and so on|
- Enactment with the revision of BTA R-002 in accordance with the amendment of the Ministry of Posts and Telecommunications ordinance and notification regarding the standard system
- Abolishment of BTA R-002